Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I hope you enjoy this START THE DAY before recipe from TOH as much as we do. The original recipe says 1 to 4 teaspoons of salt, and so you might want to adjust it according to your personal taste. The original recipe does not specify boneless chicken breasts, but I have made this both ways. But if making with boneless allow less time in oven-about 50 minutes-you might need to remove and keep warm smaller pieces while biggest piece is getting done. This recipe reminds me of the tandori approach to making chicken. Try with toasted Panko crumbs.
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 -8 chicken breasts
- 1 3⁄4 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- The day before combine the following marinade ingredients in a medium bowl and blend together-- the buttermilk, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, paprika, seasoned salt, and black pepper.
- Place chicken breasts in large zip lock bag; pour marinade over all.
- Marinate, refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain chicken thoroughly, then roll chicken in breadcrumbs.
- Place chicken on rack in baking pan; pour butter over chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, uncovered for a crispy chicken. Or if boneless, about 50 minutes. When juices run clear.
Delicious! I followed the recipe as written for all ingredients except the melted butter. I spritzed butter spray on the chicken before baking. The chicken breasts were a little dry so next time I will decrease the cooking time.
This is great chicken and the kids thought it was great! I loved that it was so full of flavor and tender meat with crispy skin to munch on. Yum!
This was a nice, simple chicken dish. Mine came out a little salty, so next time I would reduce the seasoning salt and Worcestershire sauce a bit. I used thinly pounded chicken breasts so my cooking time was about half. I served them with Seasoned Baked Potato Chunks. Thank you WiGal. Made for Swizzle Chicks and ZWT6.