Recipe by Mille®
I am posting this recipe in honour of Terry (the chef) and Manuel (the trainee waiter from Barcelona with marginally more intelligence than a monkey), two of the bumbling employees of the world-famous English hotel managed by Basil Fawlty.
- 12 slices smoked bacon, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 slices bread, crusts removed,cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 -4 ounces Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 fluid ounces table cream
- black pepper
- mixed salad green
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the bacon in a pan for 7-8 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper.
- Add the butter to the pan and melt.
- Add the garlic and bread and cook for 3-4 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Mix the cheese (Stilton is a wonderful English blue-veined cheese you may substitute other blue-veined cheese) and mayonnaise together.
- Stir in the cream and black pepper.
- Beat well to blend.
- Mix the salad leaves, bacon and croutons together.
- Place on serving plates, top with the dressing and serve.