Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Family loves this with a nice grilled steak or white fish. Recipe from an old Elle recipe card.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lb tomatoes, peeled,seeded & chopped
- 3⁄4 lb onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1 birds eye chile, crushed but whole (remove after sauce is cooked)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- Heat oil in a heavy pan, cook onions until soft.
- Once onions are slightly brown add rest of ingredients, salt& pepper to taste.
- Continue cooking over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with grilled meat or fish, yummy!