Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Pure Butternut Pumpkin Soup - no fat or oil
- 1 butternut squash, seeded, skinned and chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 cm piece gingerroot, skinned and diced
- 1 teaspoon finely ground coriander
- water or stock, to cover
- 1 strip wakame seaweed (seaweed) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 squeezed oranges, juice of or 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Saute pumpkin, onion and ginger for 4 minutes in saucepan (dry fry).
- Mix in coriander then add water or stock to cover.
- Add wakame and salt.
- Simmer for 35-40 minutes.
- Blend pumpkin, trying to keep the onion separate so as to provide an interesting texture.
- Check seasonings and add juice and shoyu.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.