1/5 Photos of Favourite Fruit Loaf
1 hr 5 mins
I absolutely love this recipe! It’s so easy and so yummy. I don't make it as much as I used to for the simple reason that I tend to make a little piggy of myself when it’s in the house, and no-one else gets a look in! It’s great for afternoon/high tea with a little butter spread on it, and the kids love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sieve the flour into a bowl and cut in the margarine.
- 2Rub in the margarine until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- 3Wash the fruit and roll in a little flour (stops it sinking).
- 4Add the fruit and sugar to the flour and mix.
- 5Beat the egg and gradually add to the flour mixture.
- 6Grease a loaf tin.
- 7Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for approx 50 minutes at gas mark 5.
- 8Test the loaf by inserting a clean knife; if it emerges clean, it’s cooked.
- 9NB-Most times I make this I double the recipe, as it gets eaten so quickly!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favourite Fruit Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (626 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2021.1
- Calories from Fat 705
- Total Fat 78.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 196.6 mg
- Sodium 1299.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 307.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.6 g
- Sugars 89.1 g
- Protein 31.3 g