Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This sauce can be used to accompany any kind of meat. It is a medium bodied sauce that is a cross between a BBQ and sweet and sour sauce but with a kick. Great for crock pots.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- In a large bowl, add in all ingredients. Stir well.
- In a greased casserole dish, Pour sauce over cooked meat (such as precooked meatballs, cubed beef).
- Place a lid on the casserole dish and cook in the oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- I like to double the recipe as my family likes to add the sauce over mashed potatoes or rice.
Not a bad sauce by any means..definitely worthy of a solid 3 1/2 stars....just lacked a little something as far as we were concerned,but still very enjoyable nonetheless. We used it on chicken and served with steamed veggies and rice-an easy mid week dinner. Made for Spring Pac 2010.