Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my family's favourite chicken recipe. The chicken is wonderfully moist and is just perfect to serve with rice.
- 2 fryer chickens, cut up
- 4.92 ml ginger powder
- 88.74 ml flour
- 7.39 ml salt
- 29.58 ml oil (or use cooking spray)
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml milk
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 6 slice diced cooked bacon (or bacon bits from a jar)
- 29.58 ml flour
- 1 can condensed beef broth
- 14.79 ml curry powder (or more, to taste)
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml ketchup
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- Combine flour, salt, and ginger.
- Lightly beat milk and eggs together.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and then in flour mixture.
- Put oil on cookie sheet or spray generously with cooking spray.
- Then put coated chicken, skin side down on cookie sheet.
- (The recipe also works well with skinless chicken.) Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes and then turn the chicken over.
- Mix remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- After the first 20 minutes of cooking and turning the chicken over, spoon half the sauce over the chicken and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Then spoon the remaining glaze over the chicken pieces and bake a further 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
I was looking for a recipe for cut up chicken instead of boneless this was a great find I was out of lemon juice so I used orange juice instead thanks for aonther favourite