1 hr 20 mins
This is my family's favourite chicken recipe. The chicken is wonderfully moist and is just perfect to serve with rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 fryer chickens, cut up
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons oil (or use cooking spray)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 slices diced cooked bacon (or bacon bits from a jar)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 can condensed beef broth
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or more, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1Combine flour, salt, and ginger.
- 2Lightly beat milk and eggs together.
- 3Dip chicken in egg mixture and then in flour mixture.
- 4Put oil on cookie sheet or spray generously with cooking spray.
- 5Then put coated chicken, skin side down on cookie sheet.
- 6(The recipe also works well with skinless chicken.) Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes and then turn the chicken over.
- 7Mix remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 8After the first 20 minutes of cooking and turning the chicken over, spoon half the sauce over the chicken and bake for another 20 minutes.
- 9Then spoon the remaining glaze over the chicken pieces and bake a further 20 minutes.
- 10Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favourite Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.8
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 256.1 mg
- Sodium 1272.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 63.4 g