Recipe by Paja
This is my family's favourite chicken recipe. The chicken is wonderfully moist and is just perfect to serve with rice.
- 2 fryer chickens, cut up
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons oil (or use cooking spray)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 6 slices diced cooked bacon (or bacon bits from a jar)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 can condensed beef broth
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or more, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt, and ginger.
- Lightly beat milk and eggs together.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture and then in flour mixture.
- Put oil on cookie sheet or spray generously with cooking spray.
- Then put coated chicken, skin side down on cookie sheet.
- (The recipe also works well with skinless chicken.) Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes and then turn the chicken over.
- Mix remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- After the first 20 minutes of cooking and turning the chicken over, spoon half the sauce over the chicken and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Then spoon the remaining glaze over the chicken pieces and bake a further 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice.