Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have used this excellent recipe for 15 years. Knowing my children would be put off by the idea of buttermilk,I told them it was "Sugar Pie." It has been a family fave ever since, especially at Thanksgiving.
- 2 cups sugar (500 ml)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (5 ml)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (5 ml)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (25 ml)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter (125 ml)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk (250 ml)
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts (23 cm)
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, cornstarch butter and eggs. Beat until well blended.
- Add buttermilk, mixing well.
- Pour into shell and bake at 350 F for 40 minutes or until set and brown on top. Serve chilled, with a dollop of whipped cream.