This is my favorite version of chili sin carne. - It tastes even better the next day... If you prefer it more chunky, use chopped bell peppers instead of shredded... *TIP*: try topping it with a vegan cheez-sauce and bake it for about 5 min. (450F) Sooo YUMMY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb Yve's veggie ground round (mince meat substitution)
- 1 tablespoon marmite (yeast extract)
- 1 red bell pepper, grated or chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, grated or chopped
- 3 cups passata (tomato sauce)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans (kidney beans in chili sauce)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (or chili beans)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons paprika (sweet chili powder)
- 2 -4 teaspoons chili powder (to taste)
- cayenne, to taste (I use 1/4 tsp)
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet. Add garlic, cook 30 sec.
- 2Add mince meat substitution and Marmite.
- 3Add remaining ingredients. Let simmer 1 - 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add some water, if it gets too dry.
- 5Taste, add more spices if you like.
- 6Serve over rice, bulgur wheat, with cornbread or in tortillas with guacamole, vegan sour cream, salad etc.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Vegan Chili
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.5
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 702.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Yve's veggie ground round