Recipe by Veganized
This is my favorite version of chili sin carne. - It tastes even better the next day... If you prefer it more chunky, use chopped bell peppers instead of shredded... *TIP*: try topping it with a vegan cheez-sauce and bake it for about 5 min. (450F) Sooo YUMMY!
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb Yve's veggie ground round (mince meat substitution)
- 1 tablespoon marmite (yeast extract)
- 1 red bell pepper, grated or chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, grated or chopped
- 3 cups passata (tomato sauce)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans (kidney beans in chili sauce)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (or chili beans)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons paprika (sweet chili powder)
- 2 -4 teaspoons chili powder (to taste)
- cayenne, to taste (I use 1/4 tsp)
- 3 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add garlic, cook 30 sec.
- Add mince meat substitution and Marmite.
- Add remaining ingredients. Let simmer 1 - 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add some water, if it gets too dry.
- Taste, add more spices if you like.
- Serve over rice, bulgur wheat, with cornbread or in tortillas with guacamole, vegan sour cream, salad etc.