Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've tried a lot of buttercream frosting recipes and this one is the best. For decorating, I like to use the Wilton recipe, but for simple frosting, this one "takes the cake." Makes enough frosting for two 8-inch layers.
- Beat the butter, milk, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl.
- Slowly add the confectioners' sugar.
- Mix until thick and creamy.
- Beat on high until fluffy and of good spreading consistency.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and drizzle over the iced cake.
came out a bit too sweet-- I think there should be more butter to the same amount of sugar-the vanilla taste is perfect-thanks!