Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cherell's Recipe from Magazine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 green peppers (diced) or 1 yellow peppers (diced) or 1 orange bell pepper (diced)
- 1 cup carrot (diced)
- 1 garlic clove (Chopped)
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (1 more Tablespoon for a kick)
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) container salsa (Fresh Mild)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium tomato paste
- Heat Olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add onions, peppers, carrots, and garlic.
- Cook until onions are golden and veggies are tender (about 8 minutes) stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle ground cumin and chili powder.
- Add ground turkey breast and stir, breaking up the meat.
- Heat until meat is cooked through (5-7 min).
- Add salsa, chicken broth, black beans, and tomato paste.
- Simmer over medium heat.
- Lower the heat, then simmer uncovered until liquid has reduced and chili has thickened (about 45 minutes).