Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My mom has made this for years, and I make it all the time at parties and it is so good!! You can really add more or less of the ingredients to suit your taste. I have added taco seasoning to the meat, and have even bought the premade taco meat, and it works good too!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium tomatoes, small bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, small bite sized pieces
- 8 ounces of shredded cheese (I usually use mexican flavored)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle thousand island dressing
- 1 (16 ounce) bag Doritos, crushed (medium sized bag is fine)
- Cook ground beef and drain off fat.
- Mix all ingredients except for Doritos in a bowl and chill for 1 hour. Add crushed Doritos to bowl and mix just before serving.
We call this Dorito Salad, I've been making a very similar recipe to this for years. I've used onion instead of tomato, think the tomato would make a wonderful addition and will try it. It's an often requested recipe to potlucks and bbq's.
This was very good. I usually use Catalina dressing but the thousand island was a different taste. Thank you for sharing.
This was really good. It was very simple and all ingredients went together well. I did add some taco seasoning while I was browning the meat. Thanks Mish B for a nice recipe that even got DH to eat salad, lol.