Recipe by Epi Curious
Adapted from a recipe my Mom sent me many years ago...it originally contained sliced cantaloupe or honeydew melon but I prefer the salad without the melon. Up to you...if you do add it, it called for one melon, sliced in chunks. No changes needed to the recipe if you add the melon or alter to add your favorite fresh fruits. This makes a large amount, so use a big bowl. Keeps well, covered in the refrigerator. Great on a buffet table for a summer brunch, BBQ or a baby shower.
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced (must use fresh)
- 2 bananas
- 2 red apples, cut in bite sized chunks (unpeeled)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cups green seedless grapes
- 3 fresh peaches, peeled and cut in bite sized chunks
- 4 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate, at room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine fruits in a bowl and top with the undiluted orange juice concentrate (this keeps the apples and bananas from turning yellow and makes a wonderful juice to blend the flavors together). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
- If desired, top with fresh mint leaves.