Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Got this years ago in a magazine and I tweak it for stuffed shells also. If you can't find Italian tomato sauce, then use regular and season it with Italian seasonings and garlic!
- Brown sausage in large saucepan, drain.
- Take half of sausage, put in large bowl and put aside.
- Stir tomato sauce, paste, and water into sausage in pan.
- Simmer 15 minute.
- Meanwhile, to the sausage in bowl, add ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella, egg and parsley.
- Pour 1/3 sauce mixture into 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Stuff manicotti with ricotta mixture and place on top of sauce in baking pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over stuffed manicotti, top with remaining mozzarella and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until hot all through.
This was the best I've ever made, easy and fast
Had this the other night, and all I can say is that if you like Manicotti, then you have to try this recipe! ;o)