Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I make this salad for every barbecue or party that I attend, and I always get requests for the recipe. And, it's so easy to make! The balsamic vinegar adds a surprising tang to the salad.
- 1 lb spinach (or enough for 4 people)
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (Use vegetarian Worcestershire to make this recipe vegetarian.)
- 1 tablespoon minced onion (green onions or shallots also work well)
- Wash and tear spinach into bite-sized pieces (or you can use pre-washed bagged baby spinach).
- Combine dressing ingredients; mix well.
- Toss dressing with spinach, strawberries, and toasted almonds; serve and enjoy!
Well received at a potluck supper. Did not use half the quantity of spinach for nine people and had plenty to go round as there were appetizer's as well! A little of the delicious dressing goes a long way!
This is really delicious! My husband is not crazy about salad, but he agreed this one is tasty. I used green leaf lettuce, and didn't have any almonds, but it is the dressing that makes this recipe anyway! It is slightly tangy but sweet enough to blend the taste of leaf and berry together!