Recipe by Cheld
I make this salad for every barbecue or party that I attend, and I always get requests for the recipe. And, it's so easy to make! The balsamic vinegar adds a surprising tang to the salad.
Top Review by JRH
Well received at a potluck supper. Did not use half the quantity of spinach for nine people and had plenty to go round as there were appetizer's as well! A little of the delicious dressing goes a long way!
- 1 lb spinach (or enough for 4 people)
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (Use vegetarian Worcestershire to make this recipe vegetarian.)
- 1 tablespoon minced onion (green onions or shallots also work well)