Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is very rich and decadent. Save it for a special treat, and savor it! (Yes, it is worth the calories and fat!)
- 1 quart strawberry, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups half-and-half
- Combine strawberries, 2/3 cup of sugar, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Pour cream into another mixing bowl. Whisk in 1 1/2 cups sugar, a little at a time, and continue whisking until completely blended. Pour in the half-and-half and whisk to blend.
- Remove berries from the refrigerator. Mash and stir into the cream base.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze according to the ice cream maker's instructions.