Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this one myself yet, but everyone I've talked to who has says it's great. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute the ground beef for 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and red bell pepper; saute for 5 more minutes, or until onion is tender.
- Drain the fat.
- Mix in tomato paste and water, stirring until paste is dissolved.
- Stir in garlic, chili powder, paprika, cumin, vinegar, brown sugar, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Continue to heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until mixture is thick and stewy.
I really liked it. Just a little too sweet and will decrease the surgar when I make it again tonight. Thanks for a great recipe.
We were surprised by how sweet tasting this one was, considering all the spices. I think I would cut down on the brown sugar next time.
A real weight watcher recipe.I was at my mother-in-laws for spring break and wanted to help her cook a few meals. Cooking for two is a lot easier than cooking for seven and she is also on Weight Watchers. I used extra lean ground beef and bought low-fat buns that I calculated out to be one point. I browned the meat and threw everything into the crockpot. Cooked it for six hours on low. The only thing I added was 1/2 teaspoon of dry mustard. Thanks for a quick and easy meal. We were able to do a lot more visiting than cooking.