This is my version of a yummy Chinese take out we had once. The Cantonese sauce I use is my Cantonese Sauce.
- Mix Cantonese sauce, soy sauce, packed brown sugar, 1-1/2 T sesame oil, and sesame seeds. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Taste at least once to adjust flavor. If to sweet add a bit more soy and to tangy, a bit more sugar.
- Set aside sauce.
- Cut the chicken into strips.
- Mix cornstarch and garlic.
- Dip chicken into egg and then cornstarch.
- Fry in 1/2 c vegetable oil and 3 T sesame oil till lightly brown and cooked through. Be carefully not to over cook because it will make the chicken tough.
- Drain chicken on paper towels and blot off any grease, and place in pan with sauce. Mix well, and serve over jasmine rice. Sprinkle chopped spring onions on top.