1/1 Photo of Favorite Sesame Chicken
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix Cantonese sauce, soy sauce, packed brown sugar, 1-1/2 T sesame oil, and sesame seeds. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Taste at least once to adjust flavor. If to sweet add a bit more soy and to tangy, a bit more sugar.
- 2Set aside sauce.
- 3Cut the chicken into strips.
- 4Mix cornstarch and garlic.
- 5Dip chicken into egg and then cornstarch.
- 6Fry in 1/2 c vegetable oil and 3 T sesame oil till lightly brown and cooked through. Be carefully not to over cook because it will make the chicken tough.
- 7Drain chicken on paper towels and blot off any grease, and place in pan with sauce. Mix well, and serve over jasmine rice. Sprinkle chopped spring onions on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Sesame Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.4
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 118.7 mg
- Sodium 1444.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 31.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: