Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
We have these a lot, when we make scrambled eggs. A favorite of guests, too.
- 3 mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 onion (diced) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons swiss cheese (grated)
- 2 eggs, plus
- 2 egg whites
- Saute mushrooms and onions in butter.
- Set aside (leaving butter in saucepan).
- Beat eggs and whites till light.
- When butter is hot (sizzling, but not browning), add eggs and turn down heat, stir gently a few times.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- When cheese starts to melt, add mushrooms, and stir again.
- Serve when still slightly soft.