Favorite Roti Meat Filling
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat and cook the onion until golden brown.
- Add garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, and turmeric, stirring until mixed well.
- Add the ground meat, tomatoes and salt. Cook, while stirring, until the meat is no longer pink, about 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in the potatoes and the water, cover and reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Uncover and taste to see if seasoning needs adjustment.
- May sprinkle with cilantro and/or hot chile peppers if desired.
- Or, mix in a few spoonsful of your favorite hot sauce.
- Serve with flatbreads for scooping.