1/2 Photos of Favorite Quick & Easy Asian Stir-Fry
We really love the ease and versatility of this stir-fry! Use your favorite combo of fresh and frozen stir-fry veggies, meat, chicken or fish. Lovely with a pot of jasmine, green or oolong tea and a glass of sake or plum wine. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (or thinly sliced sirloin strips, or cleaned tailless frozen shrimp)
- 16 ounces frozen stir fry vegetables (ie Birdseye Terriyaki)
- additional assorted fresh vegetable, as desired (try asparagus tips, spinach, snow peas, bean sprouts, etc)
- 1 cup frozen peas or 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder (optional)
- sherry wine (optional)
- reduced sodium soy sauce (optional)
- crisp chow mein noodles (optional)
- hot cooked rice (jasmine rice or brown rice)
- 1Warm wok or large skillet on medium heat.
- 2Add a couple tablespoons oil (I use peanut oil for stir frying, as it has a high heat tolerance).
- 3Toss in the chicken (or beef), turn up heat to med-high . Stir fry the chicken for a few minutes until no longer pink.
- 4Add in frozen stir fry veggies (and fresh asparagus tips, etc), and stir well. Continue to cook for about 15 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until done to your liking (you may need to add a couple tablespoons of water).
- 5Stir in the frozen peas and heat through for a few minutes. Add in the frozen precooked shrimp with the peas, if desired.
- 6You can add about 1/2 teaspoon of Chinese Five Spice Powder, if desired. (A dash of sherry and reduced sodium soy sauce is good, too, as is a swizzle of sesame oil).
- 7Serve over hot rice and top with crisp chow mein noodles, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Quick & Easy Asian Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.1
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.8 mg
- Sodium 70.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stir fry vegetables