Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 (10 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- 3 cups fresh pumpkin, cooked
- 1 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Mash and drain cooked pumpkin.
- Add beaten egg yolks.
- Stir in spices, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into pumpkin mixture. Pour into unbaked crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. If knife comes out clean, pie is done.
Loved this recipe! I tried out a few others, but this one was awesome! I grind my own cloves and nutmeg so that flavors are more intense...one word: Masterpiece!
i was wondering where the milk went in but i put it in the mix right before baking just so iwas not missing anything.