Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I make this often. It is great anytime you are entertaining and want a great smelling kitchen all day as you prepare your party. So easy and delicious!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs pork shoulder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons ground red chili powder
- 3 cups drained white hominy
- Place all ingredients except hominy in a slow cooker for 8 hours. In the last half hour, add drained hominy to slow cooker. Garnish with sliced radishes, shredded lettuce, finely chopped onion, chopped cilantro, and lime wedges.
- Great with quesadillas for a variation on "Soup and Sandwich".I often quadruple this recipe for a crowd, and use two slow cookers.
Absolutely delicious! I did add cumin and cayenne though and I think it needs these spices. This was a homerun for sure!
We tried this at our house this weekend. Letting the ingredients simmer in the cooker all day created the greatest aroma our house has ever had! And the payoff was how delicious it is! This is a great, easy way to a fun stay at home Saturday!