Recipe by Secret Agent
This is a classic potato salad that most everyone loves. It's requested for pot lucks and buffets.
- 10 potatoes, russet, scrubbed well
- 1 3⁄4 cups mayonnaise, real
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard, yellow hot-dog type
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 bunch scallion, sliced
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 2 tablespoons dill relish
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the potatoes whole, in their jackets, in a large pot of salted water. Potatoes should gently boil until a wooden skewer goes in easily. Cool on a kitchen towel while you hard cook the eggs and prepare the dressing.
- Combine all the other ingredients in a huge bowl and mix well. Add chopped eggs into the dressing.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and dice them. Stir into the dressing, thoroughly combining. Let cool on the counter until room temperature and then put into the fridge for 4 hours or overnight. Stir before serving.
- Decorate the top with hard-cooked egg and paprika if desired.