1 hr 30 mins
Allybee Z's Note:
Adapted from one of my favorite cookbooks by Andrew Weil. The potato crust is a nice alternative to frozen pie shells.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 small red potatoes, washed and very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 eggs
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Bring a medium sized pot of water to a boil. Add broccoli, and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and reserve.
- 3Sauté the onions and the garlic in the olive oil over medium low heat until transparent, approximately ten minutes.
- 4Add the mushrooms, basil, parsley, chili flakes, nutmeg, salt and pepper and continue to cook for five more minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 5Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie pan. Line the bottom with the potato slices, overlapping them slightly.
- 6Whisk together the cheese, milk, sour cream, and the eggs in a large bowl.
- 7Mix in the sautéed vegetables and the broccoli.
- 8Pour into the potato lined pie pan.
- 9Arrange the tomato slices on top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 10Bake for 1 hour, covering after 45 minutes if top browns.
- 11Completely baked quiche should be very firm.
- 12Let cool 15 minutes and then serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Potato Crust Quiche--Andrew Weil, M.d.
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.7
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 173.8 mg
- Sodium 261.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 10.3 g