1/1 Photo of Favorite Pot Roast
8 hrs 20 mins
my kid's mom's Note:
All the good traditional ingredients and flavors that we associate with pot roast are here. Taken from Mable Hoffman's Complete Crockery Cookery
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) rump roast or 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) beef chuck roast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 4 potatoes, cute into eighths
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1Trim visible fat from meat. Rub all sides of meat with salt, seasoned salt, seasoned pepper and paprika.
- 2Place vegetables in bottom of slow cooker.
- 3Pour broth over vegetables.
- 4Place seasoned meat on top of vegetables. cover and cook on LOW 8 to 9 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 5To thicken juices, remove meat and vegetables; keep warm. Turn control to HIGH. Dessolve cornstarch in water; stir into cooker Cover and cook on HIGH 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with meat and vegetables.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.4
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 145.8 mg
- Sodium 427.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 43.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: