Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
All the good traditional ingredients and flavors that we associate with pot roast are here. Taken from Mable Hoffman's Complete Crockery Cookery
- 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) rump roast or 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) beef chuck roast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 4 potatoes, cute into eighths
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Trim visible fat from meat. Rub all sides of meat with salt, seasoned salt, seasoned pepper and paprika.
- Place vegetables in bottom of slow cooker.
- Pour broth over vegetables.
- Place seasoned meat on top of vegetables. cover and cook on LOW 8 to 9 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- To thicken juices, remove meat and vegetables; keep warm. Turn control to HIGH. Dessolve cornstarch in water; stir into cooker Cover and cook on HIGH 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with meat and vegetables.
This was delicious! The combination of spices could not have been better, and they all melded together to create a wonderful flavor for the roast. And the broth softened the potatoes just perfectly. Thank you for sharing your recipe, my kid's mom. Made for Spring 2013 Pick-A-Chef.