Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is my adaptation of a recipe from a family and friends cookbook. Not my family and friends but a good cookbook non the less. Recipe note said: Play around with the cooking times. You can do slower or faster, depending on how much time you have and different size roasts. I love throwing in potatoes, carrots and onions for the last 2 hours. This is great because when the roast is done you have a great gravy with no fuss.
- 3 lbs pot roast
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 -2 cup beef broth
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- In Dutch oven, heat oil and brown roast on all sides.
- Season with salt and pepper. Drain any drippings.
- Mix together soup, broth and soup mix. Pour over roast. Bake 3 hours at 300*-350*.