24 hrs 20 mins
A friend gave me this recipe many years ago. It just wouldn't be summer without making a batch of this when the peaches are ripe. This makes a 5 quart (ice cream pail) full of summer goodness and will keep indefinitely. I have made this in the summer and still had some at Christmas, although most of the time it doesn't last that long! Note: Cooking time is freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 fresh peaches, washed and coarsely chopped
- 10 ounces frozen orange juice
- 10 ounces frozen lemonade
- 8 cups water
- 46 ounces apricot nectar
- 1 liter peach schnapps
- 1Wash and coarsely chop peaches, set aside.
- 2Stir together remaining ingredients in 5 quart pail until mixed.
- 3Stir in chopped peaches.
- 4Put lid on pail and freeze at least 24 hours.
- 5Check about half way through freezing time and stir to distribute peaches in the mixture.
- 6To serve.
- 7Remove from freezer and let set about 30 minutes to an hour.
- 8Scoop out of pail with ice cream scoop and fill glass about 2/3 full with slush mixture.
- 9Top with 7-up or Squirt -- do not use Sprite as it gives it an "off" taste.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Peach Slush
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.9
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: