- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons salad oil or 2 tablespoons melted shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Combine egg, milk and salad oil; add to dry ingredients stirring just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup for 4-inch pancakes, or use a Tablespoon for dollar-size pancakes.
- Makes about 12 dollar size or 8 4-inch pancakes.