Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My family loves omelets and this one is most requested by the men in my life.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I made a few changes in this recipe since there were 2 of us & I'm not fond of cooked mushrooms! & added an extra egg to the omelet mixture, & left the other ingredients as given! Then, I added the chopped mushrooms to the onion & ham when there was only about 2 minutes of cooking time left! And, since we each had a very large smoothie to go with the meal, half of the omelet was just right for each of us! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in the Bargain Basement tag game]
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 medium mushrooms, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cooked ham (or cooked crumbled bacon)
- 2 -3 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add in the mushrooms, green onions, and ham; stir/saute for 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt, and pepper together.
- Heat an 8-inch omelet pan over medium heat.
- Add in butter and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- When the butter foams, pour in the egg mixture all at once.
- Let sit until edges begin to cook, about 20 seconds.
- With a spatula, gently lift edges of mixture and tip the skillet to let the uncooked egg mixture flow underneath.
- Continue to do this until the top is almost dry, 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon mushroom-ham mixture over on half of the omelet; sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Fold the other side over to cover.
- Let stand a few seconds so cheese can melt.
- Turn out onto a warmed plate.