Healthier than some, this was developed from several other recipies through trial and error. The favorite cookie recipe in my house. Be sure to soak the raisins first as it makes the cookies extra moist and chewy.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 177.44 ml butter, room temperature
- 177.44 ml brown sugar (packed)
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla (or slightly more, to taste)
- 828.06 ml old-fashioned oatmeal
- 473.18 ml raisins (soaked in hot water flavored with vanilla, then drained)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine Group 1 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream Group 2 ingredients with a hand mixer, first butter and sugar, then add eggs and vanilla until just mixed and starting to fluff.
- Add Group 1 ingredients to Group 2 and mix until just blended. Do not overmix.
- Add the oats, and then the raisins. You will have to stir these in by hand unless you have a very powerful mixer.
- Using a 2 Tablespoon cookie scoop or a large spoon, drop balls of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 12-14 minutes until light brown on top.
- Cool on a baking rack.