Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a variation of a recipe I found on this site. I have made changes to suit my family's tastes and this is the end result.
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 4 slices bread, crusts removed and torn into little pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- Combine the eggs and milk and whisk till combined.
- Place the bread into the egg mixture.
- In a sauté pan melt the butter or oil and sauté the onions and garlic till soft.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients (let the onions cool a bit).
- Form into a loaf shape on a baking tray (with sides to catch the grease).
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour and fifteen minutes or till done to your liking.
- Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
The flavor of this meatloaf is so good. I omitted the salt and used dried parsley. Thanks Bridget :) Made for PAC Fall 2011
This is a great meatloaf recipe. I used ground turkey instead of beef. It turned out excellent and was enjoyed by everyone. This is definitely a keeper! Made for PAC Spring 2009