Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Half the fat is cut by using extra lean ground beef and egg whites instead of whole eggs. Onions are cooked in Zesty Italian dressing to give it a little zip, and Stove Top Stuffing Mix makes it moist. Recipe from Kraft.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook onions in dressing in large skillet on medium heat 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Combine meat, 1/4 cup of the ketchup, the stuffing mix, water, egg whites and onions; mix well.
- Place meat mixture in 13x9-inch baking dish; shape into 10x5-inch oval loaf.
- Spread with remaining 1/2 cup ketchup.
- Bake 55 minutes to 1 hour or until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.