Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Half the fat is cut by using extra lean ground beef and egg whites instead of whole eggs. Onions are cooked in Zesty Italian dressing to give it a little zip, and Stove Top Stuffing Mix makes it moist. Recipe from Kraft.
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 1⁄4 cup zesty reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 (6 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix (Stove Top for chicken)
- 1 cup water
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook onions in dressing in large skillet on medium heat 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Combine meat, 1/4 cup of the ketchup, the stuffing mix, water, egg whites and onions; mix well.
- Place meat mixture in 13x9-inch baking dish; shape into 10x5-inch oval loaf.
- Spread with remaining 1/2 cup ketchup.
- Bake 55 minutes to 1 hour or until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This recipe is also listed on the www.kraftfoods.com website. Thanks for posting! :-)