Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Easy, fast, old-fashioned meatloaf.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, mix meats, oatmeal and spices in large bowl
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 cup oatmeal, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup celery, use blender with the following
- 1⁄4 cup onion, use blender
- 3⁄4 cup milk, use blender
- 2 eggs, use blender
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, for optional topping (optional)
- 2 tablespoons catsup, for optional topping (optional)
- Mix the first 7 ingredients in a bowl; using hands works best.
- My family prefers to have the celery and onions mixed in a blender with the milk and eggs until all is liquid.
- Pour the blended liquid into the meat mixture and put in a loaf pan.
- Optional Topping: Smear a combination of brown sugar and catsup over the top.
- Bake in 350°F oven for approximately 1 hour and fifteen minute.