1/2 Photos of Favorite Meatballs and Gravy
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Looking for a fast and easy recipe for supper? This is really easy to make and very yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 slices white bread, soaked in a little milk and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, divided
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1Combine meats, bread, onion, parsley, egg, salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and the pinch of nutmeg in medium bowl.
- 2Shape mixture into 1 inch balls, wetting hands as needed will help.
- 3Add half of the meatballs to lightly oiled or sprayed large skillet over medium heat. Cook until browned all over, about 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer meatballs to paper towel lined plate. Repeat until all meatballs are browned.
- 4Add beef and chicken broth to skillet and stir to deglaze, getting all the browned bits from the pan bottom. Return meatballs to skillet.
- 5Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer, 30 minutes.
- 6In a small bowl combine water and cornstarch, stir well to make a slurry.
- 7Add to meatballs and broth and bring to a gentle boil to thicken.
- 8Add remaining pepper, grated lemon peel and thyme and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 9Serve over mashed potatoes, buttered noodles, or steamed white rice.
- 10Makes 6 servings.
- 11Note: If your family really likes gravy you may want to double the ingredients for gravy only.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Meatballs and Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.5
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 99.2 mg
- Sodium 691.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 25.6 g