1/1 Photo of Favorite Meat Loaf (Vegan)
Sydney Mike's Note:
This vegan recipe, along with its regular counterpart, is from the 2001 As You Like It Cookbook
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, finely diced
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Bulgar wheat
- 3/4 cup textured vegetable protein, dry
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons vegetarian beef bouillon powder
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then oil an 8"x4" loaf pan & set it aside.
- 2Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add onions, carrots, garlic, savory, thyme & salt.
- 3Saute for about 3 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to soften, then add the bulghur & cook another 3 minutes, before removing from the heat & setting aside.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, Textured Vegetable Protein, hot water & vegetarian beef bouillon & mix thoroughly to blend.
- 5Add flax meal & mix thoroughly, then add the sauteed vegetable mixture, mixing by hand until well combined.
- 6Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf pan & bake in the oven 30 to 40 minutes or until the top is lightly browned & the loaf is firm to the touch. Remove the pan from the oven & run a dull knife along the sides of the pan, then invert it onto a serving plate to release the loaf. Let sit about 5 minutes before slicing & serving.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Meat Loaf (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 64.3
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 157.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
textured vegetable protein
vegetarian beef bouillon powder