1/1 Photo of Favorite Macaroni and Cheese
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Butter a 3 quart casserole dish, set aside.
- 3Place bread in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 Tbsp butter and pour over bread in bowl. Toss and set aside.
- 4Warm the milk in saucepan over medium heat. Melt the remaining 6 Tbsp butter in high sided skillet over medium heat. When the butter bubbles, add the flour. Cook stirring one minute.
- 5While whisking, slowly pour in the hot milk mixture until bubbles and thick 8-12 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat add all seasonings and 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- 7Cook macaroni until slightly underdone. Drain and stir into cheese mixture pour into buttered casserole.
- 8Top with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs. Cook 30 minute.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1156.4
- Calories from Fat 588
- Total Fat 65.3 g
- Saturated Fat 39.9 g
- Cholesterol 200.6 mg
- Sodium 1472.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 52.2 g