Recipe by Miss Erin C.
After having a piece of Lemon Mousse Cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory, I went on a mission to find a similar recipe. This was found on the Food Network website. The recipe is courtesy of Peggy Russell.
- 18 graham crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 large lemons
- 24 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 -4 large eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
For Lemon Curd
- 3 -4 large egg yolks, strained through a sieve
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Adjust oven rack to center position, preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Combine grushed graham crackers, melted butter and 1/4 c sugar.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 10" springform pan comin up about 1" on the sides.
- Seal the outside of the pan in foil and set in a baking dish.
- Add water to the baking dish to come up about 1" on the side.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes.
- Zest lemons until you have 1 Tbls of lemon zest.
- Place zest in a small bowl and set aside.
- Squeeze the lemons to acquire 3/4 c lemon juice and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add 1-1/4 cups of sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add egg yolks, flour, lemon juice and zest and beat until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whip the egg whites to soft peaks.
- Add remaining sugar to the egg whites and continue to whip until soft peaks have formed.
- Fold the egg whites into the lemon batter.
- Pour batter into the crust.
- Bake cheesecake until set ans golden, about 55-65 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan on a cooling rack, about 4 hours.
- Once cooled, refrigerate uncovered until chilled.
- Add pre-made lemon curd on top of cheesecake.
- Loosen side with a spatula before unmolding and serve.
- Lemon Curd---------------.
- Over medium heat, whisk to combine yolks zest, lemon juice and sugar in a 1 quart saucepan.
- Cook for approximatley 8 minutes until the mixture thickens and looks smooth.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add butter, 1 piece at a time with a wooden spoon until it's fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and put plastic directly on top of the mixture.
- Let cool on the counter, then refrigerate.