Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
I know there are a lot of layered salads posted on this site, but this is my favorite and a little different from the ones I looked at. Refrigerate overnight.
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, separated in to leaves
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 1 lb fresh spinach leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen baby English peas, thawed and drained
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup salad dressing (Miracle Whip)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Layer in a 13x9 inch dish as follows: romaine leaves, eggs, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, spinach, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, peas, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, red onion, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, and bacon.
- Add mayonnaise, salad dressing, and sugar to a small bowl; stir to combine.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture over the top of salad, sealing to the edge of the dish.
- Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Season with salt and pepper just before ready to serve, if desired.