Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've made these many times over the holidays. They are great to make if you are pressed for time because they assemble quickly. Not only that, they taste good too!
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, chopped (I use pecans or walnuts)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (I have used butterscotch)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the crumbs, sugar and melted margarine.
- Press into a 9" x 13" pan that you have lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar and egg, mixing until blended well. Spread over the crust.
- Sprinkle with flaked coconut, chopped nuts, and chocolate chips, pressing them lightly into the surface.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool; cut into bars.