Recipe by Kindall W
The best brownies I've ever made. Use the best quality European baking chocolate for the tastiest results!
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter & flour 9" baking pan.
- Melt butter & chocolate in double boiler until smooth. When melted remove from heat, add vanilla & set aside.
- In a mixer, beat eggs and salt. Add sugar and beat at high speed for about 10 minutes. Mixture should be creamy-white.
- Add chocolate/butter/vanilla mixture and beat on low, just until mixed.
- Add flour & mix quickly until there are no white streaks.
- Pour batter in pan & place in the oven. Immediately turn the oven down to 350 degrees and bake for 40 minutes.
- Per the creator of this recipe, the toothpick test does not work on this brownie. They should be fudgy, so don't over-bake them!