Recipe by BecR
Quick and easy, tasty comfort food! My son's favorite when he was a little boy -- and I still get requests for this stroganoff from my grown son when he visits! Good with hot buttered egg noodles and a vegetable of your choice. I hope you enjoy! Note: Also very good made with cream of chicken soup, in place of the cr. of mushroom soup. Sour cream can be subbed for the yogurt, and sometimes I add a few dashes of Hungarian paprika.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced (2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I omit the salt)
- 3⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- freshly prepared egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat large skillet over moderate heat.
- Add beef, onion and garlic and cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in soup, tomato paste, mushrooms, dillweed, salt and pepper; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt and parsley, and heat through.
- Serve immediately over hot buttered egg noodles. ENJOY!