Quick and easy, tasty comfort food! My son's favorite when he was a little boy -- and I still get requests for this stroganoff from my grown son when he visits! Good with hot buttered egg noodles and a vegetable of your choice. I hope you enjoy! Note: Also very good made with cream of chicken soup, in place of the cr. of mushroom soup. Sour cream can be subbed for the yogurt, and sometimes I add a few dashes of Hungarian paprika.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced (2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I omit the salt)
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- freshly prepared egg noodles
- 1Heat large skillet over moderate heat.
- 2Add beef, onion and garlic and cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in soup, tomato paste, mushrooms, dillweed, salt and pepper; simmer 10 minutes.
- 4Stir in yogurt and parsley, and heat through.
- 5Serve immediately over hot buttered egg noodles. ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Hamburger Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.5
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 84.2 mg
- Sodium 948.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 24.9 g