A cook at a local seafood restaurant showed us his secret for delicious grilled steak. We haven't found any tastier steak, even at the popular steakhouses!
- Place steaks in a shallow dish big enough to lay them side by side.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of soy sauce on one of the steaks. Gently rub the sauce into the steak for several seconds. Repeat for the second steak.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic onto the same side of the steak. Gently rub the garlic into the steak for several seconds. Repeat for the second steak.
- Turn steaks over.
- Repeat step 2 with the other 2 tbsps. of soy sauce.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of steak seasoning on each steak. Gently rub into the steaks.
- Refrigerate while marinating for about 30 minutes.
- Grill as desired.
- Feel free to use more or less of the garlic, depending on your taste.
These were good and very easy to make. I loved that it was ingredients that I always have on hand. I also liked that I didn't have to marinate them for a long time as I always seem to forget.
Wow! What flavorful, juicy steak! The best I've ever had, at home. I let it sit out at room temp for 15 minutes, before grilling. I grilled it over indirect heat, 6 minutes per side, for medium rare. Thanks for such an easy recipe, with always-available ingredients...I'm just sorry I didn't find this sooner...it would have saved a lot of steak dinners! Thanks!
This is a great recipe for steak! I used NY strip steaks, and instead of plain soy sauce, I used a marinade called Dale's seasoning from a company in Alabama, widely available at Walmart. It is basically a soy sauce with different seasonings added. I refrigerated a couple of hours, then let sit on the counter to come up to room temp before putting on the indoor grill. The steaks were melt in your mouth tender and the flavor was perfect. The McCormick's seasoning really stuck to the meat and flavored it well. Thanks for posting!