Easy to prepare, this is a mildly sweet granola. This recipe is easy to alter to personal tastes. If you like a sweeter granola, add more honey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups wheat germ
- 1 1/2 cups grated unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 2 cups nuts (pecans, cashews, almonds)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup honey
- 4 cups dried cranberries (or other dried fruit)
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1In a large bowl mix the first seven dry ingredients thoroughly.
- 2Pour oil and honey over mixture and stir well.
- 3Spread on 2 to 4 baking sheets or jelly roll pans and bake 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes while baking.
- 4When mixture is golden brown take out and mix in dried cranberries, almond extract and vanilla.
- 5Spread evenly on baking sheets again and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- 6Allow to cool completely.
- 7Store in an air tight container.
- 8Serve with milk and/or fresh fruit or yogurt, or eat alone.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Granola
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 35
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.8
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 58.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 8.0 g