Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Easy to prepare, this is a mildly sweet granola. This recipe is easy to alter to personal tastes. If you like a sweeter granola, add more honey.
- 9 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat germ
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated unsweetened coconut
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 3⁄4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 2 cups nuts (pecans, cashews, almonds)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup honey
- 4 cups dried cranberries (or other dried fruit)
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl mix the first seven dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour oil and honey over mixture and stir well.
- Spread on 2 to 4 baking sheets or jelly roll pans and bake 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes while baking.
- When mixture is golden brown take out and mix in dried cranberries, almond extract and vanilla.
- Spread evenly on baking sheets again and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container.
- Serve with milk and/or fresh fruit or yogurt, or eat alone.