1/1 Photo of Favorite Gourmet Meatloaf
1 hr 10 mins
Expat in Holland's Note:
This recipe was given to me by a coworker many years ago. Since then, this is about the only meatloaf I make. It usually gets lots of yums and pleases the family. I have given this recipe out so many times, and always get comments on how good and easy it is. I love to serve this with mashed potatoes or mashed garlic potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
- 1 cup tomato sauce or 1 cup left over spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely chop
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chop
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1In a large bowl combine beef, stuffing, tomato sauce, egg, onion, green pepper, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 2With hands blend mixture well and form into a firm loaf.
- 3Place in center of greased baking dish.
- 4Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, combine BBQ sauce, brown sugar and nutmeg. Stir well.
- 6Pour mixture over top of meatloaf.
- 7Continue baking meatloaf for an additional 30 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven and let set for 5minutes before slicing and serving.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Gourmet Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.5
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 163.4 mg
- Sodium 709.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 37.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing