This recipe was given to me by a coworker many years ago. Since then, this is about the only meatloaf I make. It usually gets lots of yums and pleases the family. I have given this recipe out so many times, and always get comments on how good and easy it is. I love to serve this with mashed potatoes or mashed garlic potatoes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing
- 1 cup tomato sauce or 1 cup left over spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, finely chop
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chop
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 dash nutmeg
- In a large bowl combine beef, stuffing, tomato sauce, egg, onion, green pepper, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- With hands blend mixture well and form into a firm loaf.
- Place in center of greased baking dish.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine BBQ sauce, brown sugar and nutmeg. Stir well.
- Pour mixture over top of meatloaf.
- Continue baking meatloaf for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let set for 5minutes before slicing and serving.