Recipe by crazycookinmama
This is a very rich and creamy brownie. Almost like a cake, with the frosting. Got it out of a Taste Of Home Magazine. They were a HIT! at our Church pot luck!
Top Review by Queen Knit Wit
A wonderful recipe ... just like the kind my grandma used to make. For the frosting I boil together 3/4 c. white sugar, 3/4 c. brown sugar with 1/3 c. milk, boil ONE minute, remove from heat and add 1 tsp of vanilla, 1/4 stick butter, and a 12-oz package of mint chocolate chips. When butter and chips are melted, pour over cooled brownies. Sets up like fudge!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- decorating candy sprinkles (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Spread into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2 inch baking pan.
- bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a mixing bowl, beat the butter, milk and vanilla; add cocoa.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Spread over cooled brownies.
- Decorate with sprinkles if desired.