1/2 Photos of Favorite Frosted Brownies
This is a very rich and creamy brownie. Almost like a cake, with the frosting. Got it out of a Taste Of Home Magazine. They were a HIT! at our Church pot luck!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Beat in vanilla.
- 4Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 5Spread into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2 inch baking pan.
- 6bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 7Cool on a wire rack.
- 8For frosting, in a mixing bowl, beat the butter, milk and vanilla; add cocoa.
- 9Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- 10Spread over cooled brownies.
- 11Decorate with sprinkles if desired.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Favorite Frosted Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.4
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 133.0 mg
- Sodium 272.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 63.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g