This is a very rich and creamy brownie. Almost like a cake, with the frosting. Got it out of a Taste Of Home Magazine. They were a HIT! at our Church pot luck!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- decorating candy sprinkles (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Spread into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2 inch baking pan.
- bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a mixing bowl, beat the butter, milk and vanilla; add cocoa.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Spread over cooled brownies.
- Decorate with sprinkles if desired.
A wonderful recipe ... just like the kind my grandma used to make. For the frosting I boil together 3/4 c. white sugar, 3/4 c. brown sugar with 1/3 c. milk, boil ONE minute, remove from heat and add 1 tsp of vanilla, 1/4 stick butter, and a 12-oz package of mint chocolate chips. When butter and chips are melted, pour over cooled brownies. Sets up like fudge!
MMMmmmm! Delicious! Made these as directed with perfect results. Dh and the kids devoured every last morsel,lol! Thanks for sharing this recipe :)
Delicious, vanillay and easy to make! We skipped the frosting and used some leftover frosting in the refrigerator, but next time will use the frosting recipe on these scrumptous brownines. Thanks for sharing this keeper!