Recipe by Pabbit
How many you get depends on size. Any meat can be used. Clams are suggested here. Any shell fish works. If you take out paprika and herb, replace with equal parts cinnamon and sugar, then fruit can be substituted for the meat.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons parsley or 2 tablespoons other herbs, of choice
- 1 cup clam, chopped or minced.
- oil (for deep frying)
- salt or sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs until light yellow.
- Stir in milk.
- Stir in flour, powder, salt, and paprika, stirring as little as possible.
- Fold in meat and parsley.
- Deep fry 1/4- 1/3 cup at a time in 350-360 degree oil about 3 minutes.
- Remove to paper towel and sprinkle with salt (or sugar if using fruit).